Monday, January 12, 2015

Baby announcement

Jonathan and I have been discussing baby names since before we were engaged. I don't remember how we started talking about it the first time, but I believe it might have come up sometime during the drive from Southern Adventist University to British Columbia after our university graduation in May 2010. Jonathan came along with my family to help us drive our vehicles back home (we had a caravan of my parents' truck and fifth-wheel, my car, and my sister's car). Since that time we've known that we do not agree on names. My Mum, my sister, or I would suggest something (we three all have pretty similar taste in names) and Jonathan would immediately let us know his dislike of that suggestion. When Jonathan visited me in Tanzania in January 2011 when we got engaged, we tried talking about the subject again. We made no headway that time either. And every so often during our three and a half years of marriage so far I'll bring up the subject of baby names or suggest one, and we'll realize anew how different our opinions are.

Pretty early on in our marriage the idea of using baby name books as a baby announcement came to me. It just seemed like a natural concept to use since I knew it would probably take us our entire pregnancy (and then some??) to come up with names we agreed on. And having a few baby name books on hand to browse through definitely couldn't hurt either!

So, without further ado, our official baby announcement photo.


Jonathan's FB caption: The name of our game
Ali's FB caption: Our new reading material

1 comment: