Monday, February 23, 2015

20 weeks

Today is the halfway mark in this pregnancy. Or at least, the supposed halfway mark. :) Wow, I can't believe that it's already the mid-way point and that from now on I will be counting down weeks rather than counting up. How did that happened so quickly?!

By now I have finally realized that my stomach sticks out far enough to prove that I'm pregnant (although probably nobody else except for us can see that, since it's the middle of winter and I wear my fuzzy warm sweatshirts constantly.) I've even stopped pestering Jonathan with the question, "But do you think I'm really, actually pregnant?" (to which he always answered something similar to, "Ali, yes, of course. There are plenty of signs..."). Good thing he's so patient!

People keep asking me how I'm feeling, and honestly I am quite surprised by this question. Although I always imagined being pregnant would feel very different from not, I never guessed that it would become the main focus of conversation when my pregnancy came up, especially since I'm now well past the first trimester morning sickness phase. When someone asks me how I'm feeling, the first thing that pops into my head to reply is, "Not pregnant," but I've never actually said it to anyone yet, and usually just respond with something like, "Fine," or "Pretty good," or something similar.

I'm feeling absolutely fine (hence why I kept asking Jonathan for weeks if he really thought I was actually pregnant -- I thought I would feel quite different being pregnant than I did before but other than two or three weeks of very mild morning sickness, I feel pretty much the same as I did before I got pregnant). I hope that trend continues as I move in to the second half of my pregnancy, but I'm sure that at some point I'll start to notice those later-pregnancy discomforts that I've heard about.


Although this photo doesn't look all that different from my 16 week photo, I feel like my belly has grown quite a bit in those four weeks. Of course, other factors, such as how recently I last ate, also affect the size of my bump. And again, like I said in the last post, for me looking down from above, my belly really does look quite large.

No comments:

Post a Comment