Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Mini stories: Puddle x2

Lauren and I had a shower this morning. (Our house isn't totally baby-proofed, so I can't lock her out of the bathroom, but if she's in the bathroom, she just pulls back the curtain to get at the water or tries to climb in, so putting her in the shower with me is just easiest.) After we were done, I decided to let her crawl around the bathroom and bedroom diaper-less for a few minutes while I got dressed and combed my hair. She has a really slight rash, so I figured a little naked time would be beneficial. Once I was dressed and my hair was decent, I picked her up to go outside to our drying rack on the back deck and grab a freshly dried cloth diaper. Came back inside and while heading to the changing pad, stepped in a puddle. Ugh, she had peed on the bedroom floor (thank goodness it's hardwood!). So I put her down in the bathroom, grabbed a couple cloth wipes, and mopped it up. Come back in the bathroom to get her so I can put that diaper on her butt only to find that she had just peed on the bath mat. Double ugh. Clean that up as best as I could (then tossed it in the laundry hamper), pick up baby, get that diaper on her, and then breathe a sigh of relief and laugh at myself for imaging that she'd be safe for a few minutes without peeing. 😆

3 comments: