Friday, June 12, 2015

USA cross-country road trip: Kelowna to Seattle

Midway through December 2012, Jonathan and I, as well as my brother's then-girlfriend, Amanda, traveled from Maine to BC to spend Christmas with my parents and younger siblings. We had a great holiday time together, and I was overjoyed to finally spend Christmas at home again after not being there the past two years (since I was in Tanzania in 2010 and South Korea in 2011).

On Thursday, December 28, Jonathan and I wrapped up our time in the Okanagan Valley and headed off on a new travel adventure: a Trans-USA road trip. We drove my car from BC back to Maine. The first leg of the journey took us through the North Cascades Mountain Range from Kelowna to Hope on the Okanagan Connector and the Coquihalla Highway, and then into the Fraser Valley on the Trans-Canada Highway (Hwy 1), across the border into Washington, and then down I-5, finally arriving in Seattle on the Puget Sound. We really enjoyed going through the pass, because the trees reminded us of the top of a ski hill, being completely covered with snow.

We stayed in Seattle for the long weekend to attend the annual GYC (Generation of Youth for Christ) conference and then continued our trip on Tuesday, January 1, 2013.


Next up: Seattle Space Needle New Year's Eve Fireworks

No comments:

Post a Comment